Tourism Infrastructure FundINTRODUCTION
To develop the tourism industry, the Ministry of Tourism, Art and Culture Malaysia (MOTAC) offers financial assistance through Tourism Infrastructure Fund (TIF) under the Bank Pembangunan Malaysia Berhad (BPMB).
The purpose of TIF is to assist tourism entrepreneurs who wish to develop or expend projects that contribute to the development of tourism industry.
Application will be processed by MOTAC and subject to the endorsement of Tourism Fund Finance Committee (JKPTP) based on the viability of the project for tourism industry. Application endorsed by JKPTP will be forwarded to BPMB for final assessment and approval.
PURPOSE OF FINANCING
To provide financial assistance to existing and new companies dealing with or involved in tourism related activities and services.
1st January 2019 until 31st December 2020
4.0% to 5.5% per annum
For capital expenditure (CAPEX) and operating expenditure (OPEX) purposes
CAPEX - up to 20 years.
OPEX - up to 5 years.
Up to 1.75% per annum
MARGIN OF FINANCING
Up to 80%
CREDIT RELATED MATTERS
Subject to BPMB's credit approval processes
- Malaysian owned companies registered under Companies Commission of Malaysia Act 2001 or Co-operative Societies Act 1993 (minimum 51% owned by Malaysian);
- Applicants must be registered under the Companies Act 1965, Companies Commision of Malaysia Ac 2002 or/and Companies Co-operative Act 1996.
- Applicants must be majority-owned by Malaysians (at least 51%); and
- All aplicants must have a minimum paid-up capital of RM 5.0 million or minimum of 20% from the total financing applied, whichever is higher
- All tourism intrastructure projects, i.e projects that contribute to the development of tourism industry such as, but not limited to hotel, convention center, facilities related to education, medical or agro tourism; and
- Projects must be located in Malaysia.
BASIC INFORMATION REQUIRED TO APPLY TIF
- Application letter
- Tourism Infrastructure Fund Application Form (must be typed)
- Company Profile shall include:
- Form 9 or Business Registration Form
- Current SSM e-Info
- Certificate/ License / Approval Letter such as of Certificate of Registration for Tourism Projects, Registration for Tourism Accomodation Premises, Star Rating Certificate, Cetificate of Registration of Homestay/ Handicraft / License from Travel Agency / Trading Business License from Local Council etc.
- Project proposal shall include:
- Information of project location and activities;
- Company Profile and Management Details;
- Facilities and services provided;
- Project schedule;
- Detailed project costs;
- Sources of financing;
- Promotion and marketing strategy;
- Organization chart;
- Cash flow and Return On Investment (ROI);
- Feasibility study by independant consultant
Applicants will be required by BPMB to further submit additional documents once endorsement by MOTAC is obtained based on the proposal of the applicant’s project.
The completed application form and documents must be forwarded to:
Ministry of Tourism, Art and Culture Malaysia (MOTAC)
Industryl Development Division
Level 14,Tower 1
No. 2, Jalan P5/6 Presint 5
Applicant is encourage to get consultation session regarding detailed terms and conditions of the loan from BPMB as follow:-
Malaysian Development Bank (BPMB)
Tower of the Malaysian Development Bank (BPMB)
Jalan Sultan Ismail
50250 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03-2611 3888
Last updated :